City of London
£40000 - £41500 per annum
22 days ago
Legal Secretary (US Law Firm) - Liverpool Street seeking a Finance Secretary to work at Partner level - c£41,000
* Complies with all internal policies, procedures and processes and keeps technical skills up to date (i.e. identifies where refresher/new training is required in response to any changes in the role);
* Typing and amending correspondence and documents, which are often lengthy, and undertaking amendments as necessary;
* Accurate proofreading of documents, paying particular attention to headers/footers;
* Making diary appointments, arranging meetings (including booking rooms, confirming dates and locations, distributing agendas and preparing material where required) and diary management;
* Organising travel arrangements where necessary;
* Preparing material (often using PowerPoint) for presentations;
* Quick and accurate preparation of bills ensuring they are sent out as quickly as possible, following up with Accounts or other departments as required;
* Assisting with timesheet posting if required;
* Use and update InterAction;
* Prepare New Matter memos, ensuring accuracy and correct spelling of companies/individuals/checking with fee earners where necessary;
* Managing fee earner work, allocating and prioritising tasks on a daily basis;
* Filing of paper documents, electronic filing and keeping administrative files up to date;
* Follows firm's archiving process as set by Records Management;
* Closing files promptly, transferring files over when a fee earner leaves, etc;
* Collecting and delivering faxes, arranging by-hands with reception. Arranging courier deliveries;
* Ensures distribution lists are kept up to date, amending as necessary after new conflicts checks.
* Assisting with client queries in a professional and timely manner;
* Assist internal clients (all groups within the business) with queries and respond in a timely manner;
* Assisting with business development initiatives, i.e. organising client lunches, etc.
* Liaising with clients and telephone callers when fee-earners are out of the office. Taking down accurate messages and dealing with queries or assisting callers wherever possible;
* Assist and take ownership for internal/external queries in a polite and professional manner using the most appropriate medium, seek out information and resolve queries;
* Maintains confidentiality and discretion at all times, flagging any concerns or issues at the appropriate level.
* Assisting with general office duties and providing back up support for other secretaries and/or fee-earners as required to ensure the smooth running of the business.
* Managing fee-earners' e-mails as required and dealing with e-mail queries when appropriate;
* Assists/supports fee earners with internal processes, i.e. organises work to Evening group, picks up IS issues and resolves accordingly;
* Checks new matter memos for accuracy, checks for clearance and keeps fee earners abreast with any issues or reminders. Co-ordinates a file where this may be cross-group.
- Knowledge of Finance work within a legal environment preferable;
- Experience of working in a partnership environment.
- Accurate spelling, grammar and punctuation;
- Strong technical skills, advanced Word and Outlook and a working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Internet;
- Typing speed 60 wpm.
- Personable, flexible and enthusiastic approach to team work;
- Good, articulate telephone manner;
- Self-starter, ability to use initiative and provide pro-active support to fee-earners;
- Ability to pay attention to detail, particularly with emails, and to check own work;
- Reliable and well organised;
Ability to work under pressure within strict deadlines and takes responsibility for their work.