City of London
£55,000 - £70,000
23 days ago
The Building & Facilities Manager role is to manage the day to day operation of the full complement of facilities services to the London office of approximately 300 staff occupying approx. 70,000 sq ft.
· Line management responsibility for the Facilities Team to ensure they meet their objectives and provide service excellence
· Work closely with the Head of Property & Facilities to agree and coordinate Team workloads, absences, etc.
· Act as Environmental Management Representative for the London office (ISO 14001)
· Management responsibility (supported by the Facilities Team) for the day to day operation of all facilities services provided by third party service providers, ensuring service delivery is maintained to the agreed standards.These services include but are not limited to:
o Business Travel inc. taxi/car services
o Engineering Services - mechanical, electrical, fabric, inc utilities management
o Hospitality & Reception
o Health & Safety
o Leased equipment incl. maintenance – printers, vending machines etc
o Office Services - couriers/post, reprographics, stationery, records (archive), Facilities Helpdesk
· Liaise with internal clients (Partners, fee earners and staff) offering workable short and long term solutions to any issues.
· Liaise with the landlord and building manager and their associated teams.
· Support the Head of Property & Facilities to develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in respect of all services provided.
· Work with the Head of Property & Facilities to review business requirements, defining services and standards, identifying changes, analysing risks, improving and implementing service alteration as appropriate.
· Work with the Head of Property & Facilities to benchmark and/or tender the outsourced services to deliver the appropriate services at optimum cost.
· Work with the Head of Property & Facilities to support the implementation of the Firm's Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity policy and plan.
· Control contractor access: reviewing and approving documentation submitted by contractors (eg risk assessments, method statements, etc) to obtain a permit to work from the Landlord.
· Coordinate and communicate any service alterations/disruptions to the business.
· Draft annual budgets and monitor and control expenditure throughout the year in line with the agreed budgets and report financial performance to the Head of Property & Facilities.
· Provide verbal and written management reports as agreed with the Head of Property & Facilities.
· Promote the professional image of the firm via the Facilities Team, outsourced contracts, suppliers and support services.
· Deputise in the absence of the Head of Property & Facilities.
Include, but are not limited to the following:
Health and Safety:
· Support the Head of Property & Facilities to ensure that the occupied space conforms to statutory legislation.
· Minimise risks associated with working with DSE, electricity, accidents, fire, etc
· Work with external advisers to ensure key risk assessments for the office are carried out and any actions are completed and closed down.
· Keep up to date with new health & safety legislation and ensure training is arranged as required.
· Oversee the coordination of fire warden volunteers, arrange training, issue equipment/kit and work with building management to coordinate fire and evacuation drills.
· Oversee the coordination of first aid volunteers, arrange training and the issuing of equipment/kit.
· Facilitate routine office moves and refurbishments including liaison with department heads.
Maintenance of Equipment, Structure & Services:
· Carry out regular assessments of the premises to proactively identify defects.
· Supervise works required under M&E maintenance contracts and ensure such actions are carried out in a timely and effective manner with the correct documentation in place.
· Support the Head of Property & Facilities with respect to service charge budgets and performance measures.
· Oversee the implementation and procedures for security access passes to ensure the correct access levels are granted and the cardholder database is updated to reflect joiners/leavers/lost cards
· Review CCTV footage as requirement and provide appropriate footage as requested by authorized personnel.
· Monitor and manage the environmental management system (EMS) including regular reviews of procedures and records, arranging and managing external audits.
· Advising the Head of Property and Facilities on measures for improvement of the environmental procedures.
· Keep abreast of current developments.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
· Strong Stakeholder management skills and experience
· Large office project management experience:
o Office renovation and reorganisaitons
o Relocation and moves
o Mechanical and electrical upgrades
· Excellent customer service and communication skills are required alongside an ability to work in an expeditious manner.
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of the maintenance and operation of mechanical and electrical building services.
· Understanding of the requirements of ISO 14001.
· Proven ability to improve the operational management of the premises and in supervising staff and service providers to increase levels of service delivery.
· Proven experience of working in Premises or Facilities Management.
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of UK Health & Safety legislation.
· Ability in the creation of tenders and in the preparation and negotiation of contracts and SLAs.
· Previous direct experience of monitoring and managing external service providers and projects.
· Experience of customer service role in a professional environment.
· Ability to develop and manage budgets.
· IT literate (good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages).
· Formal Health and Safety training (e.g. IOSH or NEBOSH or equivalent).
· Formal management (CMS/DMS) or facilities management (BIFM) qualification.
Additional Person Specification
· Ability to work on own initiative and to think clearly and logically in an emergency and remain calm under pressure.
· Ability to anticipate an eventual problem.
· Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise accordingly.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Strong communication skills: ability to communicate with people at all levels.
· Proven people-management skills with strong problem-solving skills.
· Presentable appearance.
· Flexible with hours of work.The job holder will be required from time to time to work before or after normal working hours, including occasional weekends.