City of London
£40000 - £44000 per annum + Agile Working
19 days ago
Employment Legal Secretary - International Law Firm - Paying up to £44,000 + Agile Working
My client is a fast-growing law firm with a reputation for providing an excellent service to an impressive list of domestic and international clients. They are based in the heart of the City and offer a fantastic range of benefits including hybrid working.
They seek a bright and ambitious Legal Secretary, who can provide support to Partners and Fee Earners within their Employment department. The ideal Legal Secretary will have at least 3 years Legal Secretarial experience, with a proven track of supporting Partner level within a Law firm.
- Manage diaries, ensuring they are up-to-date, and reminding lawyers of meetings, etc;
- Monitor e-mails and deal with as appropriate and ensure that all client-related correspondence is passed on to an appropriate fee earner if the relevant person is out of the office;
- Arrange meetings, book conference rooms, refreshments/catering, check room set-up prior to meetings and liaise with other attendees, both internal and external;
- Arrange for travel bookings and related details, including travel expenses;
- Scanning, photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out of letters, etc.
- Arrange for files to be opened and closed, supervise general filing requirements and record-keeping;
- Use effective systems to ensure that both short and long-term tasks are completed within required timescales;
- Support lawyers in marketing activities, including involvement in preparing pitches and presentations.
- Check correspondence, attachments, documents, reports, presentations, etc. produced by the Document Production team are returned in good time and undertake basic/minor amendments where appropriate;
- Type urgent/short/confidential correspondence;
- Assist lawyers in ensuring their time is recorded properly and entered onto the system on a daily basis;
- Assist lawyers in the billing and credit control process by liaising with the lawyer and Revenue & Collections to produce standard financial/time reports through the system;
- Request cheques, bank transfers and pay in money received, as appropriate.
Please only apply if you have 3 years+ Legal Secretarial experience, supporting Partner level within a Law firm.