City of London
£53000 - £60000 per annum
24 days ago
Executive Assistant - Global Transactions for a multinational Magic Circle law firm in the heart of the City !
This role is for a proactive and highly competent EA who will provide professional, client focused support to senior stakeholders in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This role works closely with other business services teams and resources to deliver effective solutions via the most efficient route possible.
The individual needs to be adaptable, dynamic, and confident in their ability to drive change, influence stakeholders and build relationships. The role offers immense scope and responsibilities that are wide ranging - provides a real opportunity to add value.
- Proactive in-box and diary management.
- Ability to act on behalf of stakeholder and first point of contact.
- Effective gate-keeping, forward planning and scheduling.
- Proactive flagging and escalation of priority emails.
- Draft high-quality correspondence and communicating on stakeholder behalf.
- Preparation and timely circulation of agendas, materials, minutes/actions, monitor and follow up of actions.
- Highlight priorities and conflicts to stakeholder, source delegates.
- Communicate with clients directly, screening calls and providing responses, including resolving and/or directing enquiries/requests to more appropriate areas in the firm.
- Management of effective Outlook filing system and firm e-filing protocols.
- Utilise the firm travel agent platform to arrange complex travel, VISAs, itineraries.
- Support limited personal and partnership administration with external advisor activity e.g. charities, Boards etc.
- Attend meetings with stakeholders if required to take meeting minutes; proactive follow up on action points.
- Provide client and matter relationship support such as client contact, arranging and attending meetings, taking minutes, producing actions.
- Draft client engagement letters.
- Create and maintain holiday charts for matter/project teams.
- Draft and track submission of Experience Capture Forms at matter close.
- Arrange WIP updates and billing cycles according to client matter requirements.
- Ensure knowledge and recording of client/matter fee deals and discount rates for billing purposes.
- Work with Billing team to proactively manage WIP and attend routine WIP meetings with stakeholders.
- Communicate regular fee updates as appropriate.
- Prepare personalised letters to accompany client invoices when required.
- Assist with bad debt management and communicate with clients regarding bad debt as required.
- Monitor local budgets and cost schedules.
Marketing and Business Development and Events
- Act as key client contact.
- Proactive upward management of business development and other firm-wide initiatives.
- Maintain client contacts and client programme activities, and track deal activity.
- Research prospective clients and draft capability statements and other supporting collateral for more speculative opportunities.
- Support with 1st stage draft pitch documents, working with the pitch team as required.
- Ensure CVs, biographies and social media profiles are maintained.
- Support with coordination of team submissions to legal directories (e.g. Chambers).
- Support with organisation of internal and external events, hearings, conferences etc, utilising the Events team.
- Excellent academic background educated to graduate level or has equivalent professional experience.
- Commercial and financial acumen.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- A thorough understanding of working in a professional, service driven environment and of stakeholder/client/business confidentiality and discretion.
- Confident and professional manner with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders, clients and others.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at all levels.
- Ability to support the business and its initiatives collaboratively.
- Adaptable and open to change showing a willingness and confidence to make suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to cope with a wide range of competing demands and changing priorities.
- Ability to anticipate issues, problem solve and provide practical innovative solutions.
- A strong team player, able to work within a team or independently.
- A degree of flexibility around working hours is expected with this role.
Although this role is working for a law firm, Legal EA experience isnt required and the firm will consider EA's from Banking, Finance, Insurance or similar.
There is a possibility that there maybe 2 or 3 positions, so could be a perfect opportunity for you and friend to move together !!