City of London
£25000 - £28000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Recruiting for a Junior Legal PA / Legal Secretary to work in the Banking department of a leading international law firm. £28,000 + excellent benefits + hybrid working !!!
- Builds an understanding of the nature of the team and Fee Earner's work and plays an active role in the support that you can deliver e.g.: getting to know their clients; building relationships with the clients and their PA's; and proactively arranging regular catch ups for your fee earners and ensuring outcomes are followed up on.
- Attends Fee Earner/client requested meetings to take minutes and follow up on any action points.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for piloting of new technologies and processes.
- Manages demanding and complex diaries and in-boxes, using own judgement to prioritise and deliver efficient scheduling of meetings and proactively resolving potential clashes and preparing any necessary paperwork.
- Providing full matter management support including opening new client/matters successfully; assisting with first draft of Engagement Letters; submitting further changes via matter managements forms when necessary; file/matter closure; archiving of closed matters.
- Provides support to and work with the Legal Project Management team as they support Partners with matter related tasks throughout the life-cycle of the matter i.e. supporting fee earners with matter management, matter openings, reporting, billing etc.
- Works with Fee Earners, marketing and business development teams to ensure regional objectives are met. This includes, but is not limited to, client development, profile raising, marketing and communications (including online and content marketing), pitching and event management.
- Captures and logs pitch opportunities.
- Ability to do first draft pitches utilising information available internally.
- Post completion support.
- Managing and/or providing support on arranging client events and training.
- Creating new training events for the knowledge team and updating training records.
- Supports fee earners throughout the matter life-cycle.
- Understands and uses legal/corporate terminology, knows how the department operates and who and what the Key Clients and Headlights are.
- Immediately clarifies instructions from fee earners should they be unclear or if deadlines are not made explicit.
Skills and Experience
- Embraces, promotes the use and becomes a super-user of technology and proactively identifies opportunities to improve ways of working.
- Excellent communication, organisational and administrative skills.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills will be required to support a demanding group of Fee Earners at different levels of seniority.
- Intermediate-Advanced user of key software packages, (i.e. Word/PowerPoint/Excel/Office 365 suite of tools including SharePoint) and takes responsibility for any training to improve relevant skills needed to meet the needs of the business.
- Demonstrates excellent written communication skills, sufficiently developed to draft non-routine correspondence and emails, as instructed by Fee Earners.
- Leadership ability - this candidate must be able to build a strong reputation within the business and deliver excellent service.
- 3-5+ year's experience in a legal support or professional services environment is desirable.
This is a fantastic role working in one of the best law firms in the City with superb career prospects and ample opportunities to progress, develop and learn.