£40000 - £45000 per annum
14 days ago
Legal PA working directly for the Head of Legal in a small, but very busy in house legal department on Asset Management, Development, Purchases, Disposals, Financing's for the wider group for a privately owned real estate investment, development and operational company.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Working directly for the Head of Legal in a small, but very busy in house legal department on asset management, development, purchases, disposals, financing's etc. for the wider group.
* In relation to the company's self-storage business, responsible for drafting legal documents and seeing through to completion, liaising with store teams and drafting correspondence with prospective tenants.
* Transcription of/proof reading legal documents.
* Proactively diary manage and ensure the Head of Legal is aware of daily schedule.
* Proactively manage the outlook inbox of Head of Legal. * Schedule appointments, meetings and conference calls as and when required.
* Greeting clients who are attending meetings etc.
* Liaising with, and building a rapport with external lawyers on a day to day basis.
* Addressing both internal and external client queries in a timely and professional manner.
* Establishing and maintaining good working relationships between internal teams (construction/marketing/finance/planning/accounts/facilities/self- storage/hotels/build to rent etc.).
* Scheduling legal fee quotes and monitoring caps.
* Responsible for scheduling and processing third party invoices across multiple projects.
* Providing cover to one of the Principals of the business when his Assistant is on annual leave etc.
* General day to day running of the office, including collecting and sorting incoming post, photocopying, scanning and faxing the documents.
* Any other ad-hoc tasks as assigned by the Head of Legal.
PRE - REQUISITES FOR CANDIDATES
The role requires recent time-served experience working in the real estate department of either a leading City/Regional law firm as a pre-requisite.
- Must be competent in using Land Registry Direct, Searchflow or other search providers; able to complete SDLT returns via online portal and on paper.
- Substantial experience is required in completing and submitting Land Registry forms.
- Strong knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent Typing skills, both audio and copy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Microsoft Word, Excel in particular.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* A self-starter, highly motivated, enthusiastic, dedicated and driven to achieve high standards and results, but delivered in a team environment.
* Professional appearance.
* Courteous, friendly and flexible.
* Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
* Ability to prioritise work appropriately and multi-task.
* Must be able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines when required, with a "can do" attitude.
* Honesty and discretion when dealing with sensitive information, business or otherwise.
* Ability to adapt to change and to respond positively to new challenges.
* Opportunities for the right candidate to grow their skill set and to progress within this successful company.