£40000 - £42000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Legal PA (with Paralegal duties) - Tax & Wealth Planning educated to at least degree level and ideally with an LPC or CILEx qualification
- Extensive diary management including setting up meetings, liaising with clients and client advisors, booking flights, arranging visas / currency for fee earners and preparing their travel itineraries.
- Coordinating client file matter opening, closing and archiving/recalling documents.
- Drafting retainer letters.
- Managing "pending" matters.
- Diarising chasers and corresponding with clients to return documents or proceed matters
- Raising monthly invoices, liaising with accounts and chasing unpaid invoices and signed retainer letters.
- Collecting and filing client ID for compliance purposes.
- Administration of probate matters in accordance with Tax Group probate policy and maintenance of probate spreadsheets.
- Drafting and witnessing the execution of wills and related documents using the automated system.
- Drafting LPAs, cohabitation agreements, nominee agreements and other tax documents.
- Audio and copy typing correspondence to clients and third parties.
- Updating contact information on InterAction/Outlook.
- Proof reading documents.
- Booking international travel arrangements for conferences, meetings, seminars and dealing with expenses and petty cash claims.
- Provide general assistance to the group Tax & Wealth Planning Professional Support Lawyer(PSL) to organise department training and on updating and drafting group procedures.
- Assist with arranging and preparing for internal training to include dealing with room bookings and event coordination.
- Arranging, co-ordinating and attending conference calls.
- Producing Excel and Power Point documents as required.
- Note taking in meetings and producing attendance notes.
- Attending regular internal "update" Tax meetings on specific matters and maintaining "action points" lists.
- Attending external know-how seminars and provide feedback.
- Dealing with daily post and scanning correspondence to the DMS.
- Dealing with accounts requests (cheques, BACS, etc.).
- Recording referrals.
- Reviewing and updating brochures.
- Coordinating with other PAs in the tax and wider Private Department.
- Ad-hoc duties where required, including but not limited to; arranging team social events and BD events for fee-earners.
- Educated to at least degree level.
- Ideally LPC or CILEx qualified.
- Previous Paralegal or administrative experience working within a law firm/professional services environment.
- Detail oriented with an ability to type quickly and accurately.
- Strong organisational and planning skills with a flexible, positive 'can-do' approach to work.
- Ability to effectively manage own workload and prioritise workload effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners and clients.
- Resilient and calm under pressure.
- Pro-active and takes initiative.
- Strong client service orientation and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.