City of London
£45000 - £48000 per annum
22 days ago
Legal PA to Head of Department - Litigation / Intellectual Property
This role is supporting a very experienced litigator who specialises in protecting and enforcing IP rights across all IP disciplines including patents, confidential information and trade secrets. He represents clients in a broad range of industries but with a particular emphasis when it comes to patent matters on the pharmaceutical, technology and automotive sectors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for an incredibly busy ever changing diary, extensive complex travel arranging, billing, conflicts, matter opening and organising conferences.
- Previous experience gained in an administrative role supporting a team in a similar professional services environment (ideally legal).
- Strong time management skills; will need to juggle a number of tasks at any given time, plan ahead, and have the ability to re-prioritise and adapt to changes in requirements.
- Previous experience managing calendars for multiple individuals, with the ability to apply judgement and common sense to ensure the best use of people's time is made, and that any potential diary clashes are pro-actively identified and addressed.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to deliver work to a consistently high standard of precision (even under pressure) in an environment where accuracy is prized.
- A flexible approach to work: able to respond positively and willingly to changes to requirements, schedules, work required etc.
- Organised and methodical, and able to operate effectively within structured work processes, in particular, with compliance/quality control frameworks.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a range of people and working styles.
- A strong team player, willing to take on work for additional fee-earners and/or help with other tasks as needed in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Able to communicate effectively, with warmth and professionalism, to clients and colleagues both orally and in writing, including drafting business emails/correspondence.
- High levels of discretion, with the ability to deal effectively with sensitive or confidential information.
- Previous experience using bespoke in-house systems (e.g. client contact databases, matter management systems, billing systems etc.) with the willingness and potential.
Although this role will be supporting a Litigator the firm would ideally be seeking a Legal PA with Litigation or IP experience but, are open to candidates from a similar transferable area of law as long as the PA has a sparky personality, is re-silent and has excellent attention to detail.