£32000 - £35000 per annum
DS MIDLIT 01_1641557851
11 days ago
Excellent opportunity to develop your career at this high-flying UK Law firm
Salary up to £35,000 - Hybrid working policy!
Based in the City of London, this firm offers fantastic exposure to the corporate world in a supportive and encouraging environment.
Working in their bustling Litigation department, this mid-level Legal Secretary role represents an excellent opportunity to make the step up and be a part of a successful team. Given the nature of the work in this department, the firm are ideally seeking Litigation experience: Commercial, Criminal, Dispute Resolution, Insurance, Personal Injury, Liability, Professional indemnity etc will ALL be considered.
You will support 4 fee earners (including 2 Partners), across a number of day to day tasks including: preparing bundles, extensive diary management, organising client files, arranging meetings and some transcription of case notes. Emphasis on the word 'some' as luckily the fee earners are all quite self-sufficient and will do the bulk of the typing themselves. That said, high proficiency in all Microsoft Office packages would be very beneficial.
For a more detailed list of the duties, please see below:
- To assist the department as appropriate, dealing with travel and accommodation arrangements, the management of fee earners' diaries and arrangement of client meetings, seminars and other relevant functions
- Liaising with third parties in relation to cases; dealing with HMCTS, counsel's chambers, CPS and police etc.
- Administrative tasks such as opening new files, closing files and archiving
- Filing of expenses, issuing proceedings, post, photocopying, faxing and other administration duties
- Support the financial management of the department, primarily billing and debt collection
- Preparation of indexes and bundles
- Provide an effective, timely and efficient service to the firm's clients
- Maintain excellent service standards and high client satisfaction
- Uphold high professional standards within the Department including producing quality documentation
- Communicate with clients and other contacts in a professional and courteous manner. Many clients in this department are UHNWI so the need for discretion is paramount.
This is the Legal Secretary role that appeals to all with burgeoning Litigation experience:
- If you're working locally and looking to make the transition to an ambitious Legal practice;
- If you're a Team Assistant or Administration Assistant looking for that next step on the career ladder;
- If you'd prefer to work at a Medium sized Law firm that emphasises inclusion and team work;
- If you'd like to work in a busy role, picking up diverse Legal knowledge, learning from other Secretaries and expanding your CV…!
If you are interested or would like any further information, please don't hesitate to get in touch.