£32000 - £35000 per annum
16 days ago
Legal Secretary - Real Estate initially on a 6 month contract for a leading law firm in the City.
This role will be working in the Real Estate department where the core practice areas include construction, development and urban regeneration, fashion and retail, investment, planning and environment, residential, dispute resolution, finance and taxation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To provide comprehensive support to allocated Fee Earners.
* To provide all aspects of general administrative support including, but not limited to, diary management, travel planning, expenses, maintenance of calendars, contact lists, management of client files and folders, filing, photocopying, arranging couriers and updating contacts on Interaction.
* Administrative duties including maintenance of the client database, opening case files, file maintenance and archiving, sorting incoming and outgoing post.
* Proactive and advance monitoring of fee earner diaries, reminding fee earners of diary commitments and taking responsibility for ensuring that they have all supporting paperwork and information for each meeting or appointment.
* Maintain extensive and complicated billing records, prepare billing guides and assist with the monthly billing process, liaise with credit control regarding outstanding / unpaid bills. Also maintain and update Client Matters and spreadsheets.
* Overseeing and prioritising incoming email, post and voicemail when fee earners are out of the office, acknowledging receipt and responding on behalf of the fee-earner, if appropriate.
* Prepare and type, proofread and amend documents, either from dictation, general instruction or by personal drafting. Documents will include letters, reports, attendance notes, memos, faxes, and emails, ensuring that all copies (electronic and paper) are retained and filed accurately.
* Any other reasonable administrative duties such as faxing, filing, scanning, emailing and photocopying or duties directed by the fee earners.
* Opening and closing of files including completing conflict checks, preparation of client engagement letters, collating all the relevant information required and updating client files regularly.
* Ensuring documents and records are stored appropriately, including ensuring filing and e-filing is up to date and accessible.
* You will be the first point of contact for clients and have regular communication with them (taking messages, arranging meetings etc.), so should demonstrate professionalism, diplomacy and sensitivity in all your communications.
* Liaising with support departments to resolve problems on fee-earner's behalf, taking ownership of the issue and following up where appropriate.
* You may also be involved in other administrative activities both for your fee earners and others as required, including helping other administrators and personal assistants/secretaries during busy periods, and to cover absences from work.
* Managing communication with numerous internal and external constituencies.
* Orchestrating meeting arrangements with colleagues and external parties including coordinating external visits and conference calls.
* Coordinating domestic and international travel logistics.
* Preparing documents and presentation materials in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Preparing briefing notes/packs for client meetings.
* Maintaining Excel-based databases.
* Strong PA experience.
* A "can do" attitude and willingness to take on additional tasks and assist others when required.
* Ability to work with all levels of management and handle all responsibilities with a high level of diplomacy, discretion and professionalism.
* Strong drafting skills.
* Excellent organisational, communication and administrative skills.
* Resilient and ability to work under pressure, prioritise, multi-task and balance various work requests.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
* Excellent attention to detail with a near perfect standard of accuracy.
* A willingness to take on additional tasks and assist others when required.
* A systematic and methodical working style - able to establish and develop efficient business processes.
This role would suit an immediate starter so please get in touch asap !!!!