City of London
Up to £45000 per annum
22 days ago
Legal Team Secretary to work in a small London office of a large global US law Law firm in the City.
Covering multiple areas of law such as Corporate, Employment, Intellectual Property, Private Client and Real Estate - paying £45,000 !
SUMMARY: Provides secretarial and administrative support to legal professionals.
May perform most or all of the following duties:
- Receives clients and visitors; maintains good public relations with clients; observes confidentiality of attorney/client relationships.
- Maintains current knowledge of clients and contacts.
- Organises and coordinates meetings.
- Provides valued added tasks for clients, recording time in Intapp, this could include carrying out searches, preparing documents for filing at court, collating bundles etc.
- Prepares relevant forms (that varies from department to department and could cover Land Registry, Employment Tribunal, Companies House).
- Prepares and manages correspondence.
- Proofreads and edits legal documents.
- Prepares and processes standard legal documents including contracts, pleadings etc.
- Makes entries into relevant firm and partner databases.
- Maintains client files (increasingly in paperless form).
- Handles incoming mail. Ensure timely receipt of outgoing mail; may engage special delivery services.
- Maintains lawyers schedules and calendars.
- Dealing with expenses for lawyers using Chrome River.
- Works with our Head of UK Risk & Compliance, New Business Intake and Records Teams in opening new files, requesting conflict of interest checks and maintains on-line and hard copy files as required. Stores older files; prepares files for closure in collaboration with Records team.
- Coordinates billing after lawyers have approved bills on tracker, making sure US issues pdf bills/ or electronic bills, sending these to clients if requested by lawyers and assisting Accounts Teams with queries.
- Makes appointments and assists with travel arrangements for lawyers.
- Works closely with administrative support staff; is team oriented.
- Mutually supports other London team members with overload typing, filing, photocopying, faxing, or reception relief.
- May transcribe documents (BigHand digital dictation).
- May perform other related duties.
Based in amazing offices, a stones throw from Liverpool Street Station !