City of London
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits & hybrid working
6 days ago
Management / Partnership Accountant - Friendly and flexible Law firm!!
£50-£55,000 p.a. pro-rata - Initial 18 mth FTC
This is an extraordinary role for a Partnership Accountant (Management Accountant) to join a small and friendly team operating within the heart of this firm's central management team, Executive Office. The team, Partnership Affairs, is responsible for the accounting and reporting of partnership profit, tax reserves, payments and capital on a partner by partner basis for all partners across multi-jurisdictions and multi- currencies. This key role working alongside the Partnership Accountant and the Director of Partnership Affairs provides an excellent opportunity for development in this niche accounting area.
This is a very varied position which offers a superb working environment when working from the office, or you can also work from home as and when you require (work allowing). The firm also has ambitious growth plans and have indicated a an excellent chance for the role to be offered on a Permanent basis.
- Assisting the Director of Partnership Affairs and acting as their deputy when required
- Project managing the core financial foundations of the partner remuneration aspects of the Partnership Affairs function and delivering key workstreams in the annual cycle for review by the Director of Partnership Affairs, to include (but not limited to):
- maintaining and developing the accounting and reporting of partner profits, drawings, distributions, tax retention's and capital contributions to provide up to date records of all partner related balances across multiple jurisdictions and in multi-currencies;
- overseeing the mechanics of partner capital funding both in individual subscription and in firm-wide refinancing.
- Ensuring compliance with the firm's tax obligations in the UK, Hong Kong and Singapore, to include (but not limited to):
- preparing annual tax computations for the firm's entities (including non-UK offices and their local filings;
- liaising with external tax advisors and other relevant parties on partner taxation matters;
- overseeing the partners' annual individual tax return submission process.
- Managing the priorities of the Assistant Partnership Accountant
- Assisting the Director of Partnership Affairs with informing and educating the partners on their financial position, drawings, profit share, tax reserves etc
- Collaborating with the Director of Partnership affairs on partner remuneration related projects.
You will need to possess:
- A minimum of 7 years+ accounting or tax experience, preferably in a law firm or other professional services environment
- Have studied or be studying for a formal accounting or tax qualification from a recognised accountancy body (ATT, ACCA, CIMA, or similar)
- A thorough understanding of management and financial accounting principles, including multi-currency and multi-unit consolidations
- Experience of dealing with partnership tax and associated tax returns
- Strong project management skills
If you are interested in the above, please contact me immediately for more info or to make an application.