City of London
£30,000 - £40,000
0203 651 5781
2 months ago
12 Month FTC
Patent Paralegal - Leading European I.P Law Firm
brand new role has arisen, working for one of the leading Intellectual Property law firms in Europe. My client, a friendly IP firm with just over 50 staff in Central London are ideally seeking a candidate with at least 2 years experience gained as a Paralegal, working within Patent law. Any candidates with the CIPA qualification will be looked at favorably, however this is not essential. If you are an IP Paralegal with at least 2 years experience in Patents, we want to hear from you!
The successful Paralegal will be working 9am until 5pm, Monday to Friday and will be expected to undertake the following duties:
• Opening new British files and entering all details and deadlines for the files into our in-house database.
• Opening incoming post and incoming correspondence and entering associated deadlines into the in-house database.
• Monitoring due dates and distributing daily deadline reminders.
• Compiling documents being filed at the UKIPO and delivering these to the UKIPO.
• Monitoring renewal fee payment deadlines, sending out reminders to clients and paying renewal fees.
• Handling correspondence concerning validation of EP patents in the UK.
• Handling overdue renewal fee notices from the UKIPO.
• Handling documentation and correspondence for ceased patents.
• Updating our in-house database with details of changes to applicants and changes to application status.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must possess the following skills/experience:
• At least 2 years experience gained as a Paralegal, dealing with I.P/Patents
• CIPA qualification (Desirable but not essential)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organisational and administrative ability
• Meticulous attention to detail and quality
• Self-motivated individual with a proactive approach
• Client orientated approach - client focused both internally and externally
Please only apply if you possess the experience as listed above. This is criteria set by our client, and candidate who do not have the required experience will not be considered for this position.
JM Legal are one of London’s most prominent legal recruitment specialists due to their unparalleled service standards to both clients and candidates over 25 years. Our experienced consultants combine exceptional levels of customer service with detailed market knowledge and a client base that encompasses the vast majority of law practices in London and the Home Counties.