£65000 - £75000 per annum
DS SECMAN 01_1655829325
15 days ago
A widely respected, top 10 US Law firm is looking to recruit a Secretarial Manager as soon as possible.
Salary up to £70,000 (potentially higher) and agile working
Located in beautiful, City based offices, this firm will be easily accessible for most.
Please see below for an overview of the duties and responsibilities involved:
To support the Senior Business Services Manager by supervising the legal secretarial team to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, efficient and effective services for our lawyers. This includes working with the professional development and training teams to design and deliver career development plans and a mentorship programme for the secretarial team.
Day to day supervision of the secretarial team:
- Dealing with ad hoc queries and escalating to the Senior Business Services Manager where necessary.
- Liaising with the secretarial coordinators to track and approve holiday requests and arrange cover.
- To be responsible for secretarial assignments and resourcing to ensure a comprehensive support service.
- To arrange regular quarterly and ad hoc meetings of the secretarial services team.
- Manage office attendance in line with the firm's expectations around hybrid working.
- Responsible for return to work meetings and liaise with Human Resources to monitor sickness absence.
To liaise with lawyers to determine and deliver their support requirements:
- Proactively liaise with lawyers to gather feedback on secretarial support.
- Work with the Senior Business Services Manager to implement improvements to the service.
- Support the Senior Business Services Manager with new lawyer inductions.
Performance management and career development:
- Work with the Senior Business Services Manager to conduct annual performance review meetings, quarterly 1:1s, agree individual objectives and monitor achievement/progress.
- Design and implement a mentorship programme.
- Liaise with Human Resources for any new starter inductions, orientation and mentoring.
- To work with the Senior Business Services Manager, Professional Development and training teams to design and implement secretarial training.
Ad hoc projects
- Support the Senior Business Services Manager as and when required on ad hoc projects.
- Ability to form strong and successful working relationships with people at all levels and deal with people issues in an efficient and effective manner
- Ability to work with the utmost discretion and maintain a calm and considered approach when under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative and maintain a flexible attitude
- Ability to write reports, analyse data and prepare business correspondence
- Excellent IT skills
- Understanding of the law firm structure and services and ability to work with the IT team to identify technical solutions to support the provision of secretarial and offices services.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft XP Suite (in particular Word and Excel)
For more information, please don't hesitate to contact me!