City of London
£42000 - £47000 per annum
12 days ago
Recruiting for a Senior Legal PA (Tax) - Leading US Law Firm up to £47,000 !!!
To provide high quality secretarial and administrative support to the Partners, Associates and Trainee Solicitors, as well as working closely with other secretaries and business support professionals.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Document processing; proof reading of work to ensure that completed documents have been produced to an appropriately high standard.
* Answering telephone calls promptly in a professional manner i.e. full message taking, actioning and following up. Checking voicemail regularly in the absence of fee-earners and responding to messages where appropriate.
* Actively manages Fee Earners' diaries, exercises good judgement with regard to priorities and urgency and resolves conflicting appointments.
* Proactively manages Fee Earners' and own inbox, ensure that client/matter related emails are dealt with and filed in FileSite on a timely basis.
* Arranges travel and prepares itinerary.
* Takes responsibility for managing Fee Earners' contacts and keeping Interaction up to date.
* Managing the billing process with the Finance team.
* Maximises the efficiency and effectiveness of filing supported by the firm's electronic filing system, ensures that all client files, whether electronic or hard copy, are kept complete and up to date.
* Sorting and processing incoming and outgoing mail. * When required by fee earner, inputting timesheets onto DTE.
* Proactively manages opening new clients and matters, conflict checks and drafts/amends engagement letters.
* Completion and submission of expense forms using correct client or office charge code (travel expenses and other expenses).
* Administrative tasks including typing, photocopying, binding, scanning documents, filing, timesheets, expenses and preparing weekly business development submissions for internal "LTR" newsletter.
* Develops and maintains professional relationships with fee earners, clients and counterparts at the client.
* Anticipates the needs of both internal and external clients, responds to expectations and adds value by ensuring that the client experiences the highest quality of service at all times.
* Recognises the importance of working as part of a team, promotes team spirit both within own group and firm-wide. Willingly assists other team members and shares knowledge. This list is not exhaustive and the jobholder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
* At least five years' previous experience of supporting at partner level or equivalent in an M&A team of a corporate, legal or banking environment.
* Proficiency with the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) applications.
* Strong writing and communication skills.
* A critical eye for detail and consistency.
* Well organised and demonstrates the ability to multi-task.
* Positive, professional attitude and able to remain calm under pressure.
* Ability to prioritise and use initiative.
* Highly motivated and confident.
* Acts a role model, leading by example with professional behaviour and a positive attitude. Approachable and working collaboratively with others, promoting team spirit.
* Willingness to work flexibly to meet client needs, offering assistance to others when needed and delegating to other resources as required.
* Professional demeanour and style appropriate for an international law firm.
If you are an experienced Legal PA Secretary with Corporate Tax or Corporate Law experience and keen to work for a leading and dynamic law firm please do get in touch.