City of London
40000 - 43000
02036515779 / 07899955785
about 1 month ago
Trademarks PA to support the Head of the Trade Mark team working with a team of five other Trade Mark secretaries for a leading Patents and Trademarks Attorneys in London. The firm are seeking a fully experienced Trade Mark secretary with a minimum of 2/3 years’ experience working at Partner level.
Duties consist of:
• Produce standard letters, file notes, memos etc. (in accordance with the firm’s style)
• Print off deadline list for Fee Earners
• Be proficient in Word, PDF Docs and Microsoft Outlook packages – Inprotech experience and experience of document management system advantageous, but not essential
• Able to produce work from dictations and also from manuscript documents
• Scanning of document and e-filing is an important part of the role as there is generally a high quantity of this, and the secretary will therefore be expected to deal with this on a daily basis
• Processing invoices
• Assisting with deadline reminders
• Diary management
• Filing email correspondence to relevant DMS folder
• Processing fee earners’ expense claims
• Assisting with arranging travel when necessary
The successful candidate will also be required to assist the Trade Mark paralegals with reporting of all applications, producing standard letters, routine forms, routine trade mark searching, presentation of results, standard prosecution reporting including; filing receipts, EU search reports, acceptances, publication letters and registration certificates.
Skills and Qualities
You must be able to produce high quality, accurate work, have good written and communication skills, be able to prioritise your own workload and work to tight deadlines if required.
You need to have the ability to use you own initiative, be proactive and work with minimum supervision.
CITMA qualification preferred.